Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Internship

Eighteen should be an easy age. I just finished my freshman year of college, one of the best years of my life. I have three more to go before the Real World rears its ugly head. What do I have to worry about, really?

Sports. That's what. It's really the only thing I'm passionate about in life. So at the age of 18, with my first college summer ahead of me, I decided to make an early career move.

I e-mailed the editor of my local newspaper, The New Haven Register, and asked about their internship opportunities. Seven minutes later, he replied. Assuming I would receive college credit, he would love to work with me. Who would think that a random kid sending out e-mail could get a job that easily? But hey, I'll take it. That's how I became the Sports Intern.

-TSI

No comments:

Post a Comment